Old July 15th 03, 06:42 AM
Big John

G.R.

The brit pretty well said it. Close to what I put up with as a newbe.

The old timers in my outfit however wanted you to keep your head
moving all the time (and got give a 3 second opening).

In the "finger four" we flew in, you didn't clear your own tail. One
of the other pilots in flight cleared your tail and you cleared his in
combat (loose) formation.

And the best.

Big John

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:03:45 -0400, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Big John wrote:

The soft
(silk) white scarf made it easier to keep your head on a swivel like
they told you.

The British commanders would tell their newbies "It takes three seconds to
shoot down another aircraft. So look around every three seconds."

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel