Old November 1st 03, 07:46 PM
JimC

Headsets are a very personal item and what is ideal to one person may not
please the next person at all. The best thing you can do is try out several
and buy the one that's closest to ideal for you.

I tried several and ended up with a DRE-6000 and an Oregon Aero soft top.
For me, that's just about an unbeatable combination. I think that anr head
set sells for about $300.

Good luck,

JimC

"clonezone" wrote in message
om...
Unfortunately, none of the airport shops I have visited carry
either of these headsets in stock. The ANRs they carry -
lightspeeds,DC etc. just didn't cut it for me (for one reason
or another). The lightspeeds did rather
well on the ANR part but the voices sounded distant - this I
really did not like.

After reviewing many specs etc. I am thinking of the
Denali ANR or the Sennheiser HMEC 400. (which I'll have to
web-order)

Anyone had experience with both? Which did you prefer?
Criterea for me are comfort, fatigue (lack of), clarity of sound,
realistic reproduction of voice. (I'm trying to stay in and around
my $600-ish budget).

Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Regards,

- Aman