Old June 13th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default GPS Rentals

For me, the up front and ongoing costs of an XM weather equipped handheld
GPS put it on the wrong side of the value curve. I simply don't do enough
long X/C's to justify (ok, to rationalize) spending that kind of money.

But, if I could rent one for $50/day or $200/wk, that might make sense for
the couple of times a year one would come in handy.

Which brings me to my question: Is anyone renting out these units? I could
see enough demand in midsize or larger markets where rentals might be a
viable business. Shoot, with next day shipping, you could run it as a mail
order/internet business. Just get a credit card number up front as
security..