Old July 13th 04, 10:30 PM
Sean Trost

Default Deck height

Hi all !

What would be a problem if any with rebuilding a lycoming case with a
deck height out of spec.
As a matter of fact How does one measure a deck ?
I am assuming that the deck is where the cyl barrel is bolted down to.
If so then I would assume that haveing a slightly smaller height would
in turn allow the piston to go a smidge further in the cylinder. If the
valve train was fixed then the valve would not seat fully. However these
things have hydraulic tappets that will take up some play yes ?

I have looked in my 0-360 overhaul manual but have not found anything on
it.

Thanks in advance
Sean Trost
Mj-5 in restoration