Old April 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel Prices and their Effect on Your Flying

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:20:02 +0000, Jon Kraus wrote:

Third I am now learning and practicing everything I can about Lean of
Peak (LOP) operations in order to save money on fuel. I have found that
in cruise I can save many gallons-per-hour by twisting the red knob
until the EGT's peak and then get to 10-20 degrees on the other side of
peak temperatures. I know that this will not work for everyone but for
my IO-360 it gives me a cool, smooth running engine that is only
drinking 9.5 GPH.

When you say, "EGT's", I assume you mean an EGT per cylinder?

Greg