Old January 2nd 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Steve Foley[_2_]

Default Maintenance for Old Airplanes

Maybe the dealers will stop servicing older planes, but I doubt the small
independents will. You'll always find soneone looking to increase their
business by attracting new customers.

It really seems short-sighted to me. If I buy a fifteen year old plane, I
would never bring it to a shop that will refuse to service it in three
years. So any new customers would probably (IMHO) own thirteen year old and
younger planes.

"BT" wrote in message
they keep that up.. unless it goes industry wide.. they won't have any
work
most of the airplanes currently flying are more than 18yrs old
BT

"Mike Adams" wrote in message
Did you see this on Avweb today?

"Aircraft owners in Kansas and parts of the Southwest are worried about a
policy adopted by one and
possibly two aircraft maintenance providers to refuse to work on aircraft
that are 18 years or older. "

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194113

This sounds pretty ominous for those of us with old airplanes. Has anyone
run into this yet? I haven't, but
did hear rumors about it regarding a local FBO, but have not had a
problem so far.

Mike