Old June 26th 18, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

Thank you very much Tom. This has been very hard for me and the other pilots that were here that day. Andy was one of my best friends, we talked several times a week. We have gotten many supportive emails and texts from glider pilots from all over the country and beyond. It really helps. Sadly, the local soaring community here in Arizona has not been supportive. I have not gotten any emails or calls from any of the many Arizona glider pilots, aside from my personal friends. I’ve been pretty occupied with the FAA, NTSB, the insurance company, and Andy’s family taking care of the the things you have to take care of after an accident like this. I feel frustrated that Steve and others are emailing each other with false assumptions. What I would like is for them to call me with their questions and support, and to make sure they have the facts straight. Or just come out, take a tow, and hang out after soaring to raise a glass in Andy’s memory. Andy would like that.... His family would like that... Andy believed in what I’m trying to do here at Sampleys.

Boggs