Old June 17th 11, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Juanman

Default Lumbar support ideas?

I fly with an inflatable back cushion. What's nice about it is that
you can inflate it to different sizes and thus vary the pressure on
your lower back. I do have to remember when getting into the cockpit
to have the bulb handy and not underneath...

Juan

On Jun 16, 9:03*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
I also have back issues from time to time. *For me they are triggered
during rigging. *I need a self rigger I guess.

I assume you wear a parachute. *The trick is to get some lumbar
support between the chute and you. *It doesn't do much good between
the chute and the glider.

After buying a used Strong parachute model 305, I sent it to the
factory for an inspection and repack. *During that work, Strong
retrofitted a lumbar support cushion into my parachute harness. *Very
nice and has made flying much more comfortable. *I don't know if this
is available separately nor if it will help you. *The support is
mentioned on this page but I don't see any details.http://www.strongparachutes.com/page...5_Airplane.php.

Basically, the Strong item looks very much like this =http://www.autosportcatalog.com/seat...r-support/auto....
$30 with memory foam. * *You may want to try an auto parts store or
Walmart to find something like this and see if that helps. *The Strong
item has a strap meant to hold it in place on the chute which you
might have to retrofit.

Good luck.

- John DeRosa