Old October 21st 17, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 11:48:56 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Just curious... what is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

We host seminars each winter to teach subjects such as Beginning Cross Country 101, or Glider Racing 101. We have had great response will fully packed rooms.

Feel free do download our presentations and use them for your club:
http://www.southerneaglessoaring.com/seminars.html

We might do 2 this winter. One subject that I want to tackle is how to disassemble and assemble the Cirrus that we have for club members to take cross country. This is one barrier, many new pilots have never done glider assembly, so are uncomfortable with landing in a field and trying to figure out how to put it in the trailer.

It is not that hard to find one or 2 experienced pilots to put something together for a presentation in the morning, then lunch and then maybe an afternoon activity [short field landing, flying together, disassembly etc].

Chris