Old September 27th 12, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

Default LiFePO4 batteries

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:29:19 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
TA posted about LiFePO4 batteries a while ago.

Using the Tenergy 10AH batteries, I'm impressed. Lighter, longer lasting.

6 hours of ClearNav, 302, 6201 and TT21 brings two 10AH batteries "down" to 13.1V. The old SLA and AGM stuff I'd been using now seems rubbish.

The Lithium Phosphate batteries even use your existing chargers.

Jim

Can the LiPO batteries really be charged safely with the SLA Chargers we use?