Old September 28th 12, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default LiFePO4 batteries

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:54:50 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
Been using mine all year including early season, longish ridge missions on cold (though not bitterly cold) days. My load is pretty typical of a modern panel, with radio, xponder, vario, backup FR, and ClearNav. So far, the LiFePO4 batteries from K2 have performed flawlessy. I ran a discharge test on them under load on the bench earlier this year, and they met or exceeded the performance chart I had.

P3

Someone asked me offline... I have two of the K2 10AH batteries on separate circuits. One battery lasts for a typical 5 hour flight, and for my longest flight this year (9 hours on a coldish ridge day) I switched over after 6 and still seemed to have some juice left on the battery when I switched..