Old April 1st 20, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

Default SSA Contest Committee Announcement on COVID-19 and 2020 Contest Schedule

On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 1:59:25 PM UTC-4, Andy Blackburn wrote:
US Contest Pilots,

The SSA Contest Committee has issued guidance to contest organizers with regard to COVID-19. It is available to all interested parties on SSA.org at the following link:

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

These are challenging times. The situation remains very dynamic with large and growing numbers infected people along with expanding restrictions on movement and gatherings that extend into the summer. The Contest Committee is working with organizers - especially for National Championships - to manage the situation. As decisions are made we will make further announcements on SSA.org and on this forum.

For the Contest Committee,
Andy Blackburn
9B

Key takeaway:

The Contest Committee will announce on April 15th whether we will be cancelling all FAI Nationals for the 2020 season. Because of its later start date, we will wait until May 15th to decide whether Sports Class Nationals will be held.