Old August 11th 03, 06:20 PM
Peter Bjoern

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 09:42:38 -0700, "Digital Dreamer" wrote in
rec.aviation.military.naval:

Which is the proper name for the noon meal aboard ship in the USN; lunch or
dinner? Is there a document that refers? The below thread on 1-MC use
reminded me of a lively discussion I was party to at a PB4T on an Aegis CG
in the late 90's. The XO was reviewing a standard "script" for all POOW to
use inport, and at the time the ship was passing, "Lunch for the crew." I
asserted that the traditional and proper word to be passed for the three
meals was "Breakfast... "Dinner... and "Supper for the crew". The XO opted
for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner because of their prevalence in modern
useage.

-DD

Lunch seems to be the proper name.

Check "Food Preparation Worksheet" :