Old January 31st 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Owner Maintenance and Inspection

Lately I've had the occasion to run across several recent 1st time, airplane
buyers that, like all of us at one time, have that "deer in the headlights"
look or the "holy crap! I own a plane!, now what?" question written across
their forehead.

After following a link that Michael Ware posted in a response to twins and
counter rotating props, I found this article on the same site:
http://avstop.com/Technical/Maintenance/Maintenance.htm Great reading for
new owners, students, and a good reminder for all owners. The article also
references FAA AC 20-160 Aircraft Inspection for the General Aviation
Aircraft Owner
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...1?OpenDocument

Take a look, well worth your time and will probably save you a few bucks or
at least answer a few questions.

Jim