Old January 10th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Drew Dalgleish

Default Flying Naked

On 9 Jan 2007 15:47:03 -0800, "
wrote:

Not me! The aircraft. My homebuilt is two years old, never painted,
and water spots are showing that won't wash off. I think they are very
mild corrosion from desert alkali or something. Anyway, I prefer no
paint, but not fancy polish or anything. What would you guys
recommend.
thanks,
tom

You can polish it lightly or to a mirror finish. but there's no other
solution that I know of. Once you have the spots off there is a
product called everbrite that may or may not seal the aluminum. I
haven't tried it but a local builder thar hasn't flown yet keeps
telling me it's a good thing.