Old June 5th 19, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider Pilot

Default Starting them young into soaring !!!

Last Sunday I did a few commercial glider rides for FBO at Mt. Valley Airport in Tehachapi California. One of the rides was the 10 year old daughter of Bryan Suits. Bryan Suits is an American war veteran of three military conflicts in Kuwait, Bosnia, and Iraq. And has been a talk radio host for more than 10 years. My sons and I have been listing to his show 'Dark Secret Place' on KFI AM-640 (Los Angeles) from 10 pm to midnight on Saturday's for a long time now. Bryan placed a video recorder in the glider while I gave his daughter a ride. I let her fly the glider. She learned quickly and will be taking formal glider pilot instructions when she is 13 years old. Here is a 4 minute edited down version of our flight that her father produced.

YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/gY4Dfd39fPo

Dark Secret Place radio show:
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-d...lace-28067787/