Old June 8th 04, 03:26 AM
Chris Ehlbeck

I got a briefing yesterday for a VFR cross country and noticed the very same
thing about the flares and the possibility for the use of force for
non-compliance.
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PPASEL
"It's a license to learn."

"gatt" wrote in message

Filed an IFR plan yesterday and got the new McMinnville bulletin. Don't
remember it verbatim, but it's in regard to airspace usage during certain
pro and collegiate sporting events, open assemblies of 30,000 people or
more.

Then it said something about monitoring 121.5 and listening to

instructions
if you're intercepted or if you see signal flares. The bulletin says that
if you fail to follow instructions, "force" may be applied.

Meanwhile, flying over the Columbia last week I saw a couple more bulk
freighters coming in. All those stacks of virtually-unscreened shipping
containers...
-c