Old June 8th 04, 07:01 AM
Teacherjh

lol can you imagine the public backlash if an f15 blasted someone's c150 out
of the sky.

Yes. I can imagine the newsgroups full of posts complaining about that idiot
pilot and the harm he did to general aviation. I can see the administration
feeding the press the story that this was a huge threat and pumping up what
terrorist damage a small airplane can do, and that there was no time to
consider alternatives (like the cops who shoot somebody who brandishes a toy
gun). I can see this as JUSTIFYING huge TFRs around events, with multple rings
and multple escalations of force for intrusions.

I hope it doesn't come to that, and there is a good chance that it wouldn't.
However, I would not bet on it.

Jose