Old November 3rd 03, 05:54 AM
TAH

You maybe correct. It's been a few years. I'm sure I could go check out the
online uniform regs (or someone else could). Also, another post here
mentioned the transition from CNT to a poly/wool fabric.

However, like you I agree, I believe the old khaki jacket, long sleeve shirt
and tie combo was sharp and wish it were part of the chief and officer
uniform.

--

Thomas Schoene wrote in message
ink.net...
TAH wrote:
Here in Washington State, Navy Region Northwest has Service Dress
Blues as the service uniform from October through April. Summer Dress
Whites (short sleeves) from May through September. Service Dress
Khakis (CNT's with devices and ribbons) may be worn year round.

Just a little nit: isn't that last uniform called Service Khaki (or

Working
Khaki if it's sans ribbons) rather than Service Dress Khaki? I thought
Service Dress Khaki was the old khaki jacket with long-sleeve khaki shirt
and tie. That was a sharp uniform; it's a shame it was lost in the press

reduce uniform counts.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)