Old August 8th 07, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

Just Plane Noise wrote:

Please decribe this system that is allegedly so old that it can't
decode yEnc even thought it can decode UU. The hardware requirements
are no different, so I suspect your shouted claim hasd no merit.

Alright.... I'll give you a serious reply.

I'm on a Macintosh....... that's a Macintosh AND NOT A PC.

All of the software you talk about does not work on a Macintosh.

Furthermore.... I'm operating with OS 8.6 and oldie but goldie OS.

As well I am using a newsreader called YA Newswatcher.

It won't even see a Yenc file, doesn't know what it is.

Over the past three years I have had chats with various people who have
steered me into different directions trying to solve this problem and
none of them work.

I've been told that MT Newswatcher will decode Yenc. But it is not
available in a version that will work with my OS.

I've been told there are helper applications out there and none of them
work with my system.

Since there have been numerous upgrades and name changes to the
Macintosh OS over the past six years I would have to try to find and
install an OS that would allow me to use programs that would handle
Yenc.

I have no intentions of going out and not just spending money on a new
OS but also having to update many dozens of pieces of software at god
knows what financial cost just so that I can actually look at just one
of your pictures.

Just changing the OS would be a massive undertaking and if things got
****ed....... my computer would be ****ed up.

Once you start you can't go back.

NO THANKS.

Now if your so smart that you think that you can solve my problem then
have at it McDuff.

I would be very grateful if that problem could be solved.

VERY GRATEFUL.

But with all due respect...... people just as smart as you have tried
over the past few years and so far.... no joy.

And to any kind soul who might even think of offering advice please
don't.

I don't need advice...... I need a solution.