Old August 9th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
Michael Nyrup

Default Knowns Unlimited 2006 Glider

Hi Guenther,
I am sorry, I wrote figure 9... I was thinking number 5.... I understand
that according to form B I need to turn right on the vertical up. But the
Hammerhead-turn afterwards... is that a right or a left foot rotation?

Thanks for your time.

Michael

You have to roll such that you exit the maneuver in the right direction.
Figure 9 can be flown in either direction, it doesn't matter, since in
either case you exit in the direction where you came from.

In figure 5, if you for instance have the wind from the right (form B),
and you are flying towards the judges (as drawn on form B), you need to
turn to the right. f you were flying away from the judges, you would have
to turn to the left.

I remember it by visualizing that I have to turn such that my head points
into the box.. That will get me flying into the box after the hammerhead
turn.

Guenther

Michael Nyrup wrote:
Markus and Guenther,
Thanks for the clarification, it helped a lot. Actually with your
explanation I see that it is written in the rulebook....

I have an additional question regarding sides. For instance figure 9 in
the sequence. I understand that I have to roll right (on the vertical) to
get back on track... but which side am I supposed to rotate towards in
the stall turn?

Best regards
Michael Nyrup

Anti-spam email address in header:
To reply, remove the string 'abc' from the username