Old August 8th 05, 06:00 AM
private

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am looking for something for digging out the lead deposits from the
bottom plugs on an IO-540.

A friend has a very old tool which looks like a swiss army knife, but
instead of the knife blades it has a number of hard steel rods, about
3" long and varying in diameter from 1mm to about 2mm. They are
serrated along their length. I am not sure if this tool was ever
intended for cleaning plugs but it works very well.

snip

It sure sounds like a welder's oxy-acetylene torch tip cleaner. They are
not expensive and are available at most welding suppliers. The serrations
start about 1/4" from the end, I would suspect they would work even better
for cleaning plugs if these non serrated tips were cut off as it would allow
the cleener portion to reach right to the bottom of the plug.