Old July 17th 04, 12:37 AM
Larry

"jameson" wrote in message
om...
here is the post i am posting into 4 military geared newsgroups...

Hi all;
I hope this is a relevant newsgroup to post this in, if not, then
please forgive the post.
I have a friend of whom I have known for many, many years. We have
gone to one another for help on everything. He recently has decided to
join the U.S. Military. He is looking at the Navy, but he isn't 100%
sure yet. It isn't relevant to this post anyway. He has come to me for
advice, of which I have none since I have no experience in this field.

His only fear, it seems, is boot camp. The guy doesn't know what to
expect first of all. Secondly, he is scared that he won't have what it
takes to make it through; mentally or physically (both of which I am
sure he is able). I would assume this is a normal fear.

Every moment of every day (during boot camp) he needs to remember that it is
temporary. Let 'em 'get in your face' and do whatever they want- play the
game and do exactly what you are told to do.

Just remember:
1) Time is on your side- it will soon be over.
2) It's NOT the Navy- it's just Boot Camp.

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
USN 'Retired'
20 years if gettin 'em off the pointy end
AND safely home again!