Old July 19th 04, 05:16 PM
Evan Williams

There has been a lot of good advice given. Just remember, don't take
anything personally. The DI's are just doing their job. While the most in
your face adversity is the physical challenge, really the whole thing boils
down to a mental challenge. When you can't do something fast enough or hard
enough, recognize the situation for what it is. You are intentionally being
stressed. In the gas chamber, you are going to get gassed. Stay calm and
think things through. There were times that I doubted my ability to make
it. The one thing that helped me was I kept telling myself that I was going
to go home on an airplane in uniform not on a bus in civilian clothes.

Good luck

Evan Williams

USMC Retired