Old May 9th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default Field approval delays

Quote from the AMT forum from a DFW poster:

"I ran this is question by my PMI and here is the response I
received a few days ago..."

Question: "I'm hearing through the grapevine that the Field Approval
process is changing and that you (the local FSDO) no longer do field
approvals (Box 3). I've also heard that the IA may get authority to grant
field approvals. Any truth to it?"

Response: "Well, the Field Approvals are still being done but the powers
to be are wanting to hand the process off. The Field approvals would go to
Designees that would be rated to do the
function, for a price. The IA's would not get this authority. As of this
point in time the FSDO are still involved."

And from a Wisconsin poster:
"Our PMI has told us in no uncertain terms that field approvals for
autopilot installations are a thing of the past. I haven't heard anything
about other FA's yet......."

Jim