Old November 5th 08, 04:01 AM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Default Yet Another wing Refinishing question

Hello All,
As the proud custodian of a schempp-Hirth SHK-1, I would like to know if anybody has any recomendations for a filler primer suitable for reprofiling. I have read most of the posts which came up after searching this forum. Was going to use simtec 2081, however, sombody reported it clogs paper? Somone else used Sikkens Colorbuild.
Whatever I use it will be applied to a wood surface previously prepped with randolph ev-400 catalysed epoxy varnish, and topcoated with randolph ranathane catalysed paint.
I have a lot of experience with automotive coatings, and am looking for a material at least as good as the original product. I.E ease of sanding and durability.
Thanks, Scott.