Old November 5th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Yet Another wing Refinishing question

Hi,

I have had good success using the Simtec products. The 2081 sanding
primer really does sand nice and I've never had it clog paper before.
The 2781 top coat sands well too, I've found that if you start wet
sanding as soon as the cure cycle is done it cuts easier than if you
wait a few days.

Do be careful sanding along the fabric-wood overlap tho!

Brad

PS.................when I rebuilt/recovered my wood/fabric ASK-14
several years ago I used the Hipec system. Was very pleased with it,
but only for a wood/fabric airplane. Also, beware that it comes from
Canada and the dangerous goods and slow shipping is problematic.