Old September 7th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default ELT Message From FAA

On 9/6/2007 6:34:59 PM, wrote:

Anyone know current prices on the 400 MHz replacements?

I had to replace my ELT about four months ago and at the time the only 400MHz
ELT that I could locate was Artex's model. The price back in May was around
US $1,100 for the unit.

After a phone conversation with an ACK representative and given that I carry
a McMurdo handheld PLB with GPS in the aircraft, I opted to purchase an ACK
E-01 121.5 MHz for US $210 and wait for their 400 MHz unit, which is supposed
to be significantly cheaper than Artex's unit and will drop right into the
same mounting bracket as the E-01.

--
Peter