Old June 14th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dave Doe

Default Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

In article ,
says...
writes:

Got it. What happens to the g force acting on me as a pilot if I start
in straight and level, unaccelerated flight, and then I use down
elevator and enter a descent?

As you descend, you are accelerated downward.

No you are not - not relative to "self" (not the earth). Yer a moron.

Relative to yourself - in the plane - you can do a 1G roll (not a very
tidy one, and not one you'll see in the books). The 'book' describes
(as has been written here already), typically a descent to build
airspeed, then a climb and bank, then into it and over and recover
level.

To put it another way, if you closed your eyes, you wouldn't know you've
done a roll (given you go for the 'non-standard' 1G roll), other than
the initial sensation of beginning the turn, and then the sensation of
the turn stopping.

--
Duncan