Old October 4th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Sam Spade

Default Good Place To Get Jeppesen Enroute Charts?

Peter R. wrote:

Sam Spade wrote:

Not a good idea! The electronic en route charts sometimes misplace MEAs
or miss them altogether. DME fixes can be missing. And so forth.
Jeppesen does not hold out the electronic en route charts to be reliable
at this time. That is why they issue paper en route charts with
JeppView subscriptions.

I was aware that, depending on the view, en route fixes occasionally did
not print, but I was not aware that there is a risk of en route fixes being
misplaced on the chart, nor was I aware that Jeppesen actually discouraged
printing out these charts.

If this is so, why does the software have the "strip chart" concept, which
prints your route along strips of en route charts?

Ask Jeppesen. I am just the messenger.