Old May 10th 04, 02:38 PM
Greg Copeland

On Sun, 09 May 2004 13:15:41 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Tim Broche writes:

Teacherjh wrote:

Some SR-71 overflights of Iraq a
couple of years ago might have meant
all the difference in the world.

I think the decision to go to war was made long before, and intellegence wasn't
going to change it.

I think the interior of the earth is filled with jello.

Really hot jello.

The difference between these views is that there's a lot of evidence
confirming the first one, and no evidence against it. Whereas there's
quite a lot of evidence *against* the second theory, and little
evidence supporting it.

Worth noting that it's doubtful we will ever know for sure unless someone
takes us by the hand and presents a WMD site to us. It's pretty much
impossible to prove a negative and there is no proof that their WMD were
actually destroyed. Worth mentioning, several months after the force on
force engagements where over, a friendly Iraqi took some soldiers to where
very modern migs (plus many older planes) were burried in the ground. We
would of never found these planes otherwise. When they were dug up, it
seems Russia had provided their latest and greatest Mig-25 Foxbats. These
were considered to be an intelligence coo as it provided first hand
samples of Russia's latest reconnaissance and electronic warfare devices.

Simple fact remains, chances are high that anything barried in the desert
will likely remain so unless someone points it out to us. No amount
of spy photos are going to discover these items unless they are caught
actually digging the sand up.