Old September 4th 04, 02:09 AM
Chad Lemmen

Default Horizon Gyro internal lighting?

I'm going to buy a new R.C. Allen electric horizon gyro to replace the
co-pilot's vacuum gyro. I'm trying to decide if I want to get internal
lighting or not. I couldn't find anyone that has the un-lit model in stock
p/n RCA26BK-6. I need an 8 degree panel tilt and that is a special order
from the factory and will take 2 to 3 weeks. The Gyro House has a internally
lit unit p/n RCA26BK-9 in stock and will set it to a 8 degree panel tilt for
me, but they said that will void the 1 year factory warranty, but they will
then warranty it for me for 1 year. The price for getting the one with
internal lighting is $150 more than the one that I can order without lighting.
Normally I would prefer the internal lighting, except I have UMA EL light
bezels installed already. So it comes down to should I pay $150 more and get
the internal lit unit which could be shipped out right away or do I wait
up to three weeks for an un-lit unit?