Old March 28th 05, 06:37 PM
Jon Kraus

For # 2 why don't you have the VOR recalibrated? I think all that is
involved is adjusting a pot behind one of the screw holes. Of course you
need an avionics shop to do it but it doesn't take long.

I might be wrong but I think you do need signoffs for #'s 1 and 3.

Good luck... Maybe Allen Lieberman will pipe in about his Sundowner.

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201

kmuller909 wrote:
Forgive me if these are dumb questions, but as a new owner - '75
Sundowner, I'm learning as I go here..

1. If I install a panel mount intercom myself, I need an A&P to agree
to sign the log. True?

2. My nav indicators are a King KI-204 with glideslope and an old
KI-201 or something that is like 30 deg off (2 KX170b's). If I buy a
KI203 on Ebay to match the 204, is it as simple as popping out the old
indicator and pushing in the new one.. will the pins match? Or is this
something I just leave to the local avionics guy?

3. If I replace the wing root seal, do I need an A&P signoff?

Thanks for any help.