Old August 10th 04, 01:41 AM
T-Man

Hi Bill, I could be wrong, but I believe the T&B is more for inadvertant
entry into cloud etc. so a nice and gentle standard rate turn would be
appropriate. Same for the 50 knots...I don't believe that many people
thermal in IMC (at least not in the US) though it has been tempting for me
in the past to continue right on up through a booming 8 knotter :-)
Before anyone screams, I can assure you that I stayed well below the clouds.

"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
For a good glider T&B you need a 30 second standard rate not a two minute.
The TruTrak over indicates but not by that much. They also suggested that
it operates best over 50 knots.
They need to provide a way to re-calibrate it for gliders.

Bill Daniels

"Jim Hendrix" wrote in message
I received one of the first TruTrak solid-state (no gyro) T&B indicators
last week and flew with it last Saturday. For a full report, go to
www.oxaero.com.
Jim Hendrix