Old August 29th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default 2nd airplane

EridanMan wrote:
Off the cuff 2nd plane criteria:

- Cheap to operate (0-320 or smaller), especially if my 'main' bird
had an 0-540 up front. Big engines are great for covering distance in
a hurry, but I've had many pilots look at my little 140 and lament "I
miss owning those little birds... I used to fly so much more than I do
now, but its just so much more expensive..."

But not necessarily because of the engine. My Bo runs at 45% power at 8
gph and gets 150 mph indicated with the 520. Around the local area,
which is probably 75% of my flying I'm burning about 35% less gas than
the 182 I used to have(8 vs 12.5 gph).