Old May 24th 05, 11:31 PM
Dude

Ben,

I like the jokes in your notes. You have a good grasp of your audience,
newsgroups, and the way both act. Gratz!

My biggest nit is it seems you assume people pay cash. Even if I had it, I
likely would not pay off the plane completely. Monthly payment should be in
there. (I am perfectly happy to ignore opportunity costs since mostly I
lose money on investments anyway).

Second, having owned a leaseback, I can tell you that my Hobbs to Tach ratio
was closer to .80 than .85.
I would say .805 to be exact.

"Ben Jackson" wrote in message
For a long time I've been meaning to convert my cost of ownership
spreadsheet into a web page. Over the weekend I wrote a rudimentary
sc-to-html converter (sc is an ancient, terminal based spreadsheet).

http://ben.com/flying/costown.html

I've already filled the page with caveats and disclaimers in anticipation
of the tough rec.aviation audience. Constructive criticism welcome...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/