Old August 8th 05, 08:20 PM
xyzzy

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

"xyzzy" wrote in message

Newps wrote:

Besides currency, there's initial checkout. I.e, the need for several
dozen members who are current and checked out in Warriors, to have to do a
one-time club checkout in the 172 (most likely a written quiz and 3-5
hours of dual) in order to get back the availability they had when it was
an all-Warrior fleet. You may think it's trivial to transition from one
to the other, and I would agree, but for insurance purposes the club may
need to require more.

If you are current in a Warrior and anybody REQUIRES 3-5 hours checkout in a
Skyhawk they are just making money off you.

I'm just guessing on the 3-5 hours, they haven't set the requirements
yet. That's what a Warrior checkout for a new member is. Skyhawk
checkout may be less onerous, but it will be required. I'm pretty sure
the insurance will demand it, no matter how many pilots know that the
transition is in fact easy.