Old December 9th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Power FLARM portable reports?

On Dec 9, 6:46*am, Andy wrote:
The long awaited Power FLARM portable was delivered to customers some
weeks ago but I have seen no reports about how well it it performing.
Is this just because the soaring season is over for most US pilots?
Does anyone have some test result or impressions to share.

Andy

Andy I rented a portable unit during the Region 10 contest.
Unfortunately Frank Paynter was the only hold over from Uvalde who
still was carrying their FLARM at Region 10. It did give me a few
warnings in the start cylinder which were appreciated. I also saw
Frank on the unit as he passed over me while I was landing out on Day
2. That was not quite so appreciated Once units are available and
I have enough change in the piggy bank I'll probably buy one. Several
of the other guys in our club have them on order. Nothing like peer
pressure.