Old December 18th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
NoSpam

Default Beating Nausea

S Culver wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations on how to permanently beat nausea while
flying aerobatics? I know of all the commonly reported ways to *temporarily*
beat it: ginger snaps, the electronic wristband, etc.

I've been taking lessons in a 152 Aerobat for about 6 months now, and almost
every time we fly, I can last about 35-45 minutes before I start to get
nauseus and get a headache. I've not noticed much of any increase in my
tolerace at all even as I've flown more.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

-scott

Make sure you eat beforehand, very tight lap strap, keep eyes actively
focussed on the horizon whenever possible (and I don't mean stare over
the nose!). Make sure you have a sick bag so you can be confident that
being ill won't be a problem.
Some demo's are essential but make sure that the instructor does as
little flying as possible; when you are "following through" make sure
you are actively thinking about flying the aircraft rather than just
sitting there - actively look at the horizon (wherever it is).
If this doesn't help, then try only moving your head in one plane when
under g. Also, consider trying a low-wing type with a transparent canopy
- the Aerobat is not the most enjoyable or rewarding aircraft and the
view is rather restricted.

Dave