Old February 13th 04, 03:40 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message

Cub Driver wrote:

On 12 Feb 2004 00:25:05 GMT, nt (Krztalizer) wrote:

then he said something about 'nine days' for the year in question

Lt Bush's four years of "weekend warrior" service (the first two years
were all much better than that, though the average was certainly under
the 38 or 39 days you might expect at the rate of one weekend a month
plus two weeks "summer camp". See
www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm
for the breakdown.

This assumes that one point = one day, which of course is not certain.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

When I was a Naval reservist at the same time, a day of active duty (
"summer camp", and I did live in a tent on one!) was one point, but a 4
hour inactive duty drill was one point. This gave you 4 points per full
weekend.

Normally, yes. But the wording reads (at least on the Army side), a
*minimum* of four hours, and i have seen a single UTA last an entire day.
Sometimes it was necessary, but we generally avoided that to keep the
troopies happy.

A "normal" year would be 48 points inactive ( 12 weekends x 4 points each
) + 12 for the active duty ( 12, not 14 - we didn't get credit for a full
two weeks.)

Varies by service. The USAR gets (or was getting--they were looking at
changing this last I heard) 14 days for AT, while the ARNG gets 15.

Some folks, particularly aviators, could get a lot more points if the
worked at it.

On the Army and Air Force side, they have specially funded additional IDT
periods for flight proficiency requirements.

You could also get points for other things, like taking correspondence
courses. I did that a lot when the Navy couldn't find anything useful for
me to do.

Unfortunately, those fall under the annual IDT point cap (50 rings a bell),
so at some point they stop paying off in terms of credited retirement
points.

Brooks

Bob McKellar