Old May 10th 04, 10:55 PM
BUFDRVR

HJC wrote:

Don't the same restrictions apply to the EB-52?

A BUFF can go *many* places an EC-130 can't.

So if we must reduce the total numbers of heavy bombers in order to put
a bigger crew than the Growler's at risk, why not a B-1B based jammer?

A BUFF can go anywhere a Bone can go, the Bone has AC power issues and the
EB-52 will not lose the capability to drop weapons, not even a reduction in
load out.

The Lancer has basic stealth and the ability to run away at supersonic
speed when the situation gets too hot.

The BUFF has a much higher altitude capability and an already robust ECM suite.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"