Old July 21st 03, 02:02 AM
BTIZ

This months report is FLYING mag is a repeat of a report that I read in
another Aviation Mag, I can't find it right now, but it was either AOPA or
Pvt Pilot. The "first" article was much more detailed, described the same
"non-maint" issues right down to the radio shop and the duct tape gas cap.

but to answer the question. Yes there are people and aircraft out there like
that, and they are not policed. Even internally, people hate to "Squeal" on
others, "as long as it does not affect me" syndrome. Sadly, it does effect
them, either through higher insurance costs, or maintenance shops that go
out of business when they get "Sued" for allowing an aircraft to fly, even
if it was 3 yrs since it was in his shop.

BT

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
Has anyone read the new flying magazine?
There is an article in it about a guy in a bonanza who crashed doing an
instrument approach using a hand held non-aviation GPS, but whats worse
is his maint. on his airplane, putting tape over the gas tank when he
lost his gas cap and so on.

I wonder if there are many people out there who actually take these kind
of chances.