Old October 6th 04, 02:07 AM
jls

"Justin H" wrote in message
I have some Bendix S4LN Mags and the P-Lead shielding is in bad condition
and I'm having noise problems. Can they be bought prebuilt or do I have to
buy wire and connectors and crimpers. Ive searched aircraft spruce and

such,
I guess they dont sell it or im searching the wrong thing.

The ends can be purchased from API and McFarlane. You solder a bead on the
mag ends, then sand the bead flat. Not hard to do but you need good
shielded wire which is available through Spruce or other sources. The
cable I used also had a teflon cover over the shielding. I could not find
cable as thick as the original on a 172. The A&P said that was a typical
problem but that the cable available was of a sufficient gauge.

So far, so good. I test the p-leads occasionally by turning the switch to
'off' when the engine is idling.