Old March 11th 05, 09:25 PM
Jay Honeck

Yes, and "back then", we didn't have all the air pollution obscurring

the sky and things were much easier to see.

Wow -- I don't know where you live, but in my lifetime air pollution
has been all but eliminated. I remember the skies around Milwaukee and
Racine (Wisconsin) being black with coal smoke almost 24/7 when I was a
kid -- now, they are clear as a bell, and the view of the night sky is
unrestricted.

Of course, all the high-paying manufacturing jobs were eliminated along
with the air pollution -- but that's another thread.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA