Old September 21st 05, 03:11 PM

I'd be interested in reading anything on the practice of using diesel
and biodiesel in turbines your refering too. Did you read this
somewhere, or is that from experience? Have you actually heard of
Biodiesel being used in jets? Or is your reference to biodiesel gelling
related to cars?

Regarding Hydraulic lock I was thinking more preventatively. Like going
to the hanger once a week and walking through a few blades regardless
of whether you were actually going flying. Though I would figure at
15/1 it would require much less oil to frag the engine than at 7.5/1.

I'm probably overthinking the problem. Anybody know how the Guiberson
was mounted in the Stuart tank? Was it on it's back or was it mounted
upright like it would be in an airplane?

Shoot. Somebody ought to just take one out and strap it to Beech 18 and
go flying. Then give us all a pilot report to tell us what the the deal
really is. :-)

-Matt