Old November 22nd 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default A deal at Home Depot

We voted straight Libertarian this election. Further we offered to a
Libertarian talk show host a to start a funding scheme whereby I send in
$10 to the Libertarians and get three other people to do the same. This
process needs someone to keep poking it and making sure the people follow up
with getting the three others. I believe if the Libertarians raised $100
million this way the othe political party would have to take note. Just 10
million people are required and I believe that there are at least that many
out there that are getting tired of what they see coming from our elected
"representatives".
If this process was made to work, I feel I could get a lot more from my $10
than I did from my vote.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
True! And need to get enough people doing so to make a difference.

".Blueskies." wrote in message
Need to vote libertarian...

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message

: Well this Californa homeowner/DIY builder did put a basement (40X24)

under
: my place in the desert. We live just 40 miles North of Rutan's

Skunk
: Works.
: We didn't bother putting a vapor barrier beneath the basement

concrete
: floor
: because you can get a prize if you can spit and it hits the ground.

It is
: dry here. We are on the east side of the Sierras about 2 miles away

from
: a
: canyon that has a stream part of the year that hits the ground about

4
: miles
: away and disappears right into the ground. I've lived in the area

41
: years
: and have never seen any flood water get anywhere within miles of

our
: house.
: However, when we decided to put an extension on our existing

building,
we
: were informed that we were in some flood plain and a threat of 0.5'

of
: standing or running water was declared by FEMA to be a risk in the

100year
: flood. Further they told us that if the cost of the addition

exceeded
50%
: of the existing structure, we might be required to "Raise the

existing
: structure 1.5" This we have in writing and they were informed of

the
9'
: deep basement and the "existing structure is a 40X72 steel building.
: In spite of the dry desert environment, I don't believe that it is
: currently possible to get a permit to build a basement in our area.

Our
: basement maintains a very comfortable temperature year round and has

never
: been flooded by any act of nature in the 34 years it has existed.
: BTW the permit for our 24X72 addition for a car garage cost in

excess
of
: $1,000. No plumbing, no electric, no windows.
: Think carefully before you decide you have to have a basement. I

don't
: know
: about you but I'm getting sick and tired of government intervention

in
my
: personal life.
:
: --
: Stu Fields
: Experimental Helo magazine
: P. O. Box 1585
: Inyokern, CA 93527
: (760) 377-4478
: (760) 408-9747 general and layout cell
: (760) 608-1299 technical and advertising cell
:
: We have similar *()&^^%$ lunacy down here in Florida, with ever

increasing
: intensity since the early nineties, ostensibly to reduce the cost of
: reconstruction following a hurricane. The net result has been that

any
: significant remodeling or repair costs MUCH, MUCH more and the costs

of
: construction, repair, and insurance have multiplied. Yet our

brilliant
: electorate, with the helpful assistance of the popular media,

continues
: elect the *&&^%$$ reperesntatives who make all of the lunacy possible.
:
: Grrr.
:
: Peter