Old January 1st 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert Dorsey

Default Maintenance for Old Airplanes

Cutter at DVT tried this crap around last May. The airport stepped in,
Cutter was given their lease based on being an equal opportunity FBO
from what I recall. This doesn't keep them from overpricing to keep
the little guys out though.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:08:43 GMT, Mike Adams
wrote:

Did you see this on Avweb today?

"Aircraft owners in Kansas and parts of the Southwest are worried about a policy adopted by one and
possibly two aircraft maintenance providers to refuse to work on aircraft that are 18 years or older. "

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194113

This sounds pretty ominous for those of us with old airplanes. Has anyone run into this yet? I haven't, but
did hear rumors about it regarding a local FBO, but have not had a problem so far.

Mike