Old October 20th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

Default cancer??

They went in under my left breast and around under arm and up by
shoulder blade, 18 Inches. Cut several ribs and collapsed a lung and
went in near spine and removed a calcified lymph node (turned out to
be benign )

Was flying six weeks after operation with a USAF waver for last half
of my service in USAF. After I retired the FAA gave me a waiver and I
held my commercial license and CFII SMEL until I got heart trouble and
just stopped flying and sold my Turbo Mooney (

I'd do the research to see if what you had is absolutely disqualifying
and if not find out what they will need to approve a waiver.

If not a no no go for it ) Even if a no no, perservence has made
them change their mind in past cases and set new criteria.

Big John

************************************************** ************************8

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:22:13 -0700, "Tri-Pacer"
wrote:

I've recently read a couple of articles concerning people who have had
cancer and upon completion of treatment been able to obtain a special
issuance.

Why would a special issuance be required if the person had been successfully
treated for cancer and was free of the disease?

I don't remember if a cancer question was on the medical application or not.

Curious minds want to know.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A