View Single Post
Old March 27th 17, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Flying with YO in the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA

Today I had the opportunity to fly in the back seat of Dave Nadler's(YO) Arcus. For a $300 donation to the US Junior Team Dave is generously offering the opportunity to fly with him during the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA - Orlando, FL. My husband Tony is flying a JS-1A in this contest and I am attending as his crew. I had the opportunity to fly an Arcus during the WSPA seminar in Varese summer of 2016 and I was not expecting to fly during our trip to Florida. I was excited to get another opportunity to fly in this great glider again. While this is my 7th contest as crew this was the first time that I was able to participate in a contest from the air. I have had my private pilot glider for 6-years but I haven't had much cross-country experience. At about 3-hours this was my longest flight to date.

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...htId=225976425

It was an opportunity for some cross-country coaching on a beautiful day at Seminole Lake Gliderport. I believe we topped off at 6100 ft and had a few 6 knot thermals. The Grand Prix format was fast paced and exciting to be a part of. I believe that Dave has a few more days available this week in case anyone else is interested in joining the fun! The icing on the cake was that Dave and I beat Tony across the finish line, priceless.