Old May 11th 04, 02:52 PM
David Megginson

Jon Kraus wrote:

I knew that I busted the holding pattern so I was bummed about that.
Yesterday I finally got back on the DE's schedule and we went and did a
couple of holds and came back. Done. Finally !!! I hope to fly every
week to stay current. Thanks for all of your support. This NG is a very
valuable tool.

Congrats!

Did you have a chance to get much experience in actual IMC during your
training? If so, go for it! If not, you might want to ease into actual
before trying anything too low in actual IMC. Maybe start with 2,000 ft
ceilings so that you can easily drop into VFR if you need to, and then work
your way down gradually over a few weeks, assuming that the weather cooperates.

After that, you'll be one of those nuts who scrambles out of bed before
breakfast and races down to the airport so that you can get in a couple of
low approaches before the morning fog burns off. Enjoy.

All the best,

David